Sunday, April 21, 2019

Matzo Toffee Crunch


For Tuesdays with Dorie, I had to buy matzo crackers to make Matzo Morsels.  I had an open packet of matzo crackers that I did not want to waste, so I decided to use them up by making Matzo Toffee Crunch.  I used this recipe over at Tori Avey.


I have made matzo toffee crunch/brittle/crack once before, but I did not realise that it was eight years ago!  Wow, time does fly when you are having fun.

The principles behind this recipe are the same - line a sheet pan with matzo crackers, make a toffee using butter and brown sugar, bake to help spread the toffee out, top the hot toffee with chopped chocolate, allow it to melt, spread out the chocolate over the top of the toffee, then sprinkle over chopped nuts.  Tori's recipe also uses a sprinkling of salt over the chocolate to give the toffee crunch an extra flavour hit.

Cut the toffee crunch into squares before placing into the freezer to set the chocolate.  Serve and enjoy!!

3 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

Sounds like a nice snack - and probably a nice present too - one day I must hunt out some matzo crackers

Diane Zwang said...

I have made toffee crunch many times. It is very delicious. Luckily I usually make it for a party so it disappears quickly.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love chococlate toffee crunch. I usually make it with pretzels but I should try it with matzo.