Tuesday, December 4, 2018

TWD - Double-Ginger Crumb Cookies



This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Double-Ginger Crumb Cookies.  They earn their moniker from fresh minced ginger in the cookie dough and ground ginger in the crumb on top.

When I went to make these, I looked at the photo and thought, "meh".  However, don't be fooled by their appearance - these cookies taste seriously delicious.  They also smell devine when baking.  The ginger taste is subtle rather than in your face.

My cookies baked quicker than the 21-23 minute cooking time stated in the recipe, so it pays to watch them carefully and rely on your nose.

In a first, the recipe said the batch made 18 cookies, and I got 18 cookies!  I was quietly pleased with this as it means I rolled the dough to the right thickness and made the cookies the size intended by their creator, Dorie.

To see what everyone else made this week and what the thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

4 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

sounds delicious - and good on you for getting exactly the amount of cookies specified by the recipe - I don't achieve that often :-)

Mardi Michels said...

These look great and yes, I love it when the amount of cookies is as intended :)

steph- whisk/spoon said...

terrific— these sound really good to me. looking forward to making them.

Diane Zwang said...

I think we agreed on this one. I also baked mine less than stated.