Tuesday, April 17, 2018

TWD - Mocha ricotta puffs


This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Mocha Ricotta Puffs.  These are chocolate and coffee flavoured biscuits containing ricotta for smoothness.

The dough is quite sticky and dense, which made the cookies a little challenging to release from the cookie scoop.  I dipped the scoop in water every second cookie or so to help me to remove the dough from the scoop.

I made a full recipe and took them into work, where they promptly disappeared.  I thought they were good, and not dissimilar to a cakey brownie in taste and texture.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

7 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Great idea about using the water.

Mardi Michels said...

I was a little disappointed that these cookies didn't taste more of coffee. I agree they were a bit brownie-like - everyone at work loved the texture too!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I've never tried puffs like these before. I'd be interested to give them a go. Your colleagues must love your baking days!

Kari said...

These are intriguing! I can imagine them being very easy to eat.

Diane Zwang said...

These chocolate puffs disappeared in my house. It was interesting making cookies with ricotta cheese.

2paw said...

Oh they sound very unusual and their quick disappearance is a good recommendation. I love using different ice cream scoop for uniformity and I usually have a mug of hot water standing by too.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i liked the cakey texture of these a lot. you must be the office favorite! :)