Tuesday, January 9, 2018

TWD - Real Hot Chocolate


I am scraping in by an hour and half to this week's Tuesday with Dorie to unveil Real Hot Chocolate.

The recipe served two.  I quartered the recipe, as a whole serve contained 50g of melted chocolate - that's a whole chocolate bar's worth!

This is a really simply recipe - melted chocolate, milk, sugar, salt, water, and that's all.  For such a simple recipe, it used an incredible amount of dishes - a saucepan, a bowl to melt the chocolate, a heatproof jug, a serving glass, a whisk, 2 spoons and a stick blender.

This drink was incredibly rich - a little too rich for my taste.  I like to eat my chocolate rather than drink it. However, it was fun to try.

To see what the others made this week, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

13 comments:

steph- whisk/spoon said...

although it’s delicious, i also thought a half serving was plenty. i just melted the chocolate with the hot liquid...didn’t see why it needed to be premelted.

The Happy Whisk said...

I make hot chocolate by the mug-full all the time and I love it.
Never 50g of chocolate in one though. I'd be bouncing off the
walls and down the sides, from the rush.

Summer said...

You are spot on about the number of dishes dirtied! Hehe, I liked it though, I love chocolate in any guise. Yum!

Mardi Michels said...

I'll definitely be minifying this one - that is a whole lotta chocolate!

Zosia said...

It was quite rich - I diluted it with extra low fat milk and the recipe easily served 4.

flour.ish.en said...

Yes, I found myself with a lot of dirty dishes and pot to clean. But the taste is decadent.

Diane Zwang said...

I lucked out on this one, my husband made it so I didn't have to deal with dishes. Normally I would say I don't like to drink my calories either but I loved this chocolaty drink.

Truth Serum said...

nice job!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Wow that's a lot of dishes for a drink! It does sound good but I think it could be simpler and just as tasty (can you tell I hate dishes? ;)).

2paw said...

That is an awful lot of equipment. I am sad it was too rich, after all your work!

Zosia said...

This was very rich. I added extra milk and served smaller portions.

Kari said...

I prefer to eat my chocolate too! But good on you for giving it a go despite all the equipment.

Johanna GGG said...

I am yet to find a home made hot chocolate I like as I too find them rich and prefer to eat chocolate than drink it like that. And I can't be bothered with the faffing around either. But I keep thinking one day I will find the perfect recipe so I guess you gotta try a few!