Tuesday, November 28, 2017

TWD - Desert Roses


This week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe is Desert Roses.  These are a melt and mix concoction comprised of cornflakes, dried fruits and nuts bound together with butter and chocolate.

There's not much to say about these.  They reminded me a little of fruit and nut chocolate with cornflakes for crispiness.  Dorie describes the Desert Roses as "candies", and that's pretty much what they are.

I made a quarter batch of desert roses - I had no idea what I'd do with 40 of them, and 340g of chocolate is a big investment in one recipe for a full batch.  They were delicious, but not so wonderful that I would hurry to make them again. 

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

9 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

What an interesting name! Are they American? I love honey joys and I think I'm more likely to make those. :)

Cakelaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cakelaw said...

Dorie says they are French!

Mardi Michels said...

I'm with Lorraine, I love my Honey Joys! And Chocolate Crackles. But these are a fun addition to a holiday table!

Zosia said...

These were quite delicious....and easy.

Diane Zwang said...

These are good for a party. I am sure your workmates liked them.

The Happy Whisk said...

Fun little treat!

Kari said...

A full batch of these would be rather a lot (possibly a dangerous amount)! They sound like a fun twist on other cereal containing treats.

2paw said...

Oh they are kind of posh chocolate crackles/Florentine!!