Thursday, August 3, 2017

Date and Ginger Scones



When I saw Lorraine's Incredibly Soft Date and Ginger Scones, I knew I had to make them.  I love dates and I love ginger, so what could be better than both of them together.

I didn't use the maple glaze, as I thought the scones were lovely without it.  Mine aren't as golden as Lorraine's because I have a very strange oven that has the heat emanating from the bottom only, so you are likely to burn the bottom of things before they'd get golden on top.

These scones were delicious, nonetheless. I especially enjoyed the one I ate warm with melting butter on top.

If you like scones and are a fan of dates and ginger, I highly recommend these lovely scones. 

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh I'm so excited that you made these Cakelaw!! :D Yours look great! And I know what you mean, that maple glaze isn't necessary really in the grand scheme of things.

Johanna GGG said...

It is so cold and rainy tonight I could just go a warm buttery scone - these look lovley

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I made peach scones the other day, but these look scrumptious, too!

Kari said...

I definitely like date and ginger so am sure I'd like these :-)

2paw said...

I am a fan of date scones and ginger, so I must combine the two. We have a fan forced oven, without the choice of turning the fan off. I would like that option sometimes. Your scones look so appetising, pale or not!