Tuesday, July 4, 2017

TWD - Classic Jammers


This week's Tuesday with Dorie (Dorie's Cookies) recipe is Classic Jammers.  These cookies were apparently dreamed up by Dorie, literally, while she was in bed one night.

Classic Jammers comprise a sable base, topped with half a teaspoon of jam (in my case, three berry jam from Bramble Patch in Glen Aplin, Queensland, given to me by my friend Kerry), and surrounded by streusel.  These cookies are a little fussy to make because there are two separate recipes and three steps to form the cookies, with chilling in between.  I made a half batch and got 24 cookies.

These cookies are delicious, but the extra steps and fussing with cutters and muffin tins means that they won't be on regular rotation here.

To see what the others thought of these cookies, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

Happy 4th of July to all of my US readers!!

6 comments:

Judy said...

I agree about the fussiness. I also made just half a recipe, but I ran out of streusel after 18 cookies, so I baked the remaining dough plain, as vanilla sables. The jam you used sounds delicious.

2paw said...

Oh, they are a special occasion biscuit. They wouldn't be on high rotation here either, by maybe for a special event? They look delicious and I love a streusel.

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

Yup these are fussy but I made them into balls, squished them with a small glass, popped them in the muffin tin, sprinkles streusel all over them and put a blog of jam in the centre. Worked just as well ;)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Serious yum on these! They are a bit of a dream so I can see why she dreamt them up! :D

Diane Zwang said...

These were delicious, I can't stop eating them. My husband loves them too. But I agree with the fussy factor. I won't be making them again.

Teresa said...

They are so good! I made the dough and the streusel on separate days, pulling out a few rounds of dough at a time from the freezer, along with a bit of streusel. If you have the time to prep ahead like that, it doesn't seem like such a pain. I had small batches of cookies for several occasions that way.