Tuesday, March 7, 2017

TWD - Salted Chocolate Caramel Bars


It's Tuesday with Dorie - Dorie's Cookies time again.  This week, I made Salted Chocolate Caramel Bars.

What can I say - yum!!  These comprise of a chocolate shortbread base, topped with chocolate caramel and toasted pecans:


Just loved these.  However, I did find that the caramel didn't stay set outside of the fridge, so that is where I kept them.

I am continually surprised at how much I have liked all of the cookie recipes in Dorie's Cookies so far.  They have all been winners.

To see what the others made this week and what they thought of them, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

12 comments:

Pam said...

These are right up my alley, they sound delicious! I've got her Chez Moi cookbook, now I need to get this cookie cookbook, sounds like a keeper! Thanks

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh I really must give them a go now! :D I'm all about chocolate now that the weather is cooler.

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

I'm in the process of making these - made the base late last night and will finish them off for the end of the week - to help my colleagues get through a tough last week before break! I can't wait, they look amazing!

Diane Zwang said...

I am looking forward to making these next. I love chocolate and these seem to scream vanilla ice cream.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

looking forward to making these--they sound delicious. did you eat them cold as well? i like chilled candy bars, so i'm imaging that would be pretty good.

Cakelaw said...

Yes - ate them chilled as well.

Johanna GGG said...

They sound a bit like millionaire's shortbread as a biscuit rather than a slice - and that is high praise

Peggy said...

These look yum. I did the corked breton but not a very good job of it!

TeaLady said...

OH! MY! These look fabulous. I cannot wait to make them. And hide some in the freezer just for me for later.

Unknown said...

Delicious! They look fantastic.

Kayte said...

Looks nice, and so cute on that plate with the little birdies. Mark is going to love these!

Kayte said...

Mark did love these, I just made them today and he ate 3. I asked him if he wanted me to give some away but he said not to do that, I guess he is going to eat ALL of them by himself. They must be really good. I need to figure out chocolate so much better as yours are so dark and nice and mine are just kind of a milky looking chocolate so how do you do that???? Yours do look lovely.