Thursday, February 2, 2017

EwE - Spicy Beef and Bean Tacos - Mexican Madness


For Eating with Ellie this week, I chose the theme of Mexican Madness.  I really like Mexican food, so I was pretty excited to be able to make my own Mexican food this week.

I chose Ellie's Spicy Beef and Bean Tacos from Comfort Food Fix




This recipe involved baking corn tortillas to make your own taco shells. The shells are filled with a mixture of beef mince, garlic, black beans and spices, an are topped with tomato, onion, cheese (lettuce (I didn't have any), cheese and coriander.

These tacos were pretty tasty - I'd make them again.

To see what the others made, visit the LYL section of the Eating with Ellie website. 

3 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

They do look good! I love the sound of these :D

Kayte said...

The tacos do look tasty. It would be fun to make my own taco shells, maybe I should give this one a try. I'm not the biggest fan of Mexican food, that should not surprise you, probably, so I picked some Mexican ingredients (Chipotle and Squash) and made do with that. And they were great. Your plate of tacos looks very inviting.

Peggy said...

I think you are on the same page this week. I did the breakfast burritos. Sorry I am just getting around to posting. My burritoes were delicious but your tacos look even better! Great theme pick!