Thursday, August 4, 2016

EwE - Garlic Mash - One Potato, Two Potato


For Eating with Ellie this week, Margaret chose the theme of One Potato, Two Potato.  This was an easy one as most people like potatoes and Ellie has a few potato recipes.

I chose Ellie's Garlic Mash from So Easy.  Basically, you steam the potatoes with the skin on (which is interesting!), then mash them up with a good dose of garlic and chicken stock.  These potatoes were quite flavourful, although I would probably cut back on the 4 cloves of garlic next time.

I served my Garlic Mash as a side with Provencal Chicken, another Ellie recipe:


To see what the others made this week, visit the LYL section of the EwE website.

7 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

I always put milk in my mashed potatoes which my mum did - I will have to try it with stock though perhaps not all of 4 garlic cloves

Kari said...

Interesting - do you mash them with the skins on too??!! Like Johanna I have never made mash with vegetable stock so will tuck that idea away.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I always cook my potatoes with the skins on too. I find that it lets in less water to the potato which is good! :D

TeaLady said...

What a good idea to add stock rather than milk or cream. Lots of flavor with fewer calories. This was my next choice for potatoes.

Peggy said...

Yours look so good i wish i had made these. I went with the au gratin scalloped ones! I love all potato dishes!

Kayte said...

Oh my goodness those garlic mashed potatoes look really good...and I'm not sure I would cut back on the garlic at all as we are a garlic-loving household. :-) Your whole plate looks wonderful...why oh why am I not close enough to drop in at dinner time over there???? I'm going to try this one soon...maybe we can have potato week again in the near future! Very nice photo.

Beth said...

This sounds fabulous - the garlic and chicken broth are an amazing combination for potatoes!