Monday, July 18, 2016

Date and Walnut Self-Saucing Pudding


Recently, I asked my colleagues what they wanted me to bake next.  They suggested Sticky Date Pudding.  However, I am a little rebellious and decided to go with the general theme but in a different form so that I didn't have to buy cream.  And lo, the Date and Walnut Self-Saucing Pudding was born.  



This delicious pudding features dates and walnuts in a biscuity pudding batter, and makes its own caramel sauce (which I think is quite magical).

I served this pudding warm with a scoop of icecream - what could be better on a cold winter's night?

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Another delicious sounding item! I'm going to try the walnut cake very soon! :D

Johanna GGG said...

I loooove self saucing puddings but love the idea that you can do a sticky date style of pudding without having to make another sauce - and tis indeed the weather!!!!!

Kari said...

This sounds like a great twist on sticky date pudding. I think you made a good executive decision to vary the request ;)

2paw said...

I love a good self saucing pudding and they are magic. I like them with custard!!

Kayte said...

Oh my this looks so good and insanely rich! I haven't really ever eaten anything like this. Time to try!