Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Spinach Fettucine with Salmon, Fennel and Asparagus



Cook with Jamie is one of my favourite cookbooks.  I have owned it for years, and I used to cook out of it regularly.  The other day, I was fed up with making the same lunch over and over and was looking for something different.  I flicked through Cook with Jamie, because Jools' Favourite Sunday Pasta is also one of my favourites.   However, this time, my eyes lighted on Jamie's Crab Linguine.  I thought that would make for a perfect lunch!  You can find the recipe, slightly modified, online here

I ended up taking the idea of Jamie's crab linguine and making something a little different.  I already had spinach fettucine in the pantry, so I used that instead of linguine.  Crab meat, even the tinned variety, was outrageously expensive, so I used canned pink salmon instead.  I kept the lovely fennel and asparagus and Jamie's dressing of lemon juice and olive oil.  The end result is strongly inspired by Jamie's recipe, just with a couple of ingredients swapped out to save some dollars.

This pasta was beautifully light but still tasty.  I was very happy with my version of "crab linguine". 

2 comments:

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Dear Gaye, what a wonderful recipe this is - love all the ingredients and all the colors - it must have tasted so good! And what a great idea to swap the crab meat for salmon!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That's great that even with the modifications it was delicious. Crab meat can be very expensive so we don't tend to eat it that often and save it for special occasions!