Friday, December 4, 2015

Pebernodder (Danish Peppernuts)


Our team members, present and past, went out for Christmas dinner to Red Spice Road last night.  It was great to catch up with our recently past team member and hear his news.

For the occasion, I made Pebernodder, or Danish Peppernuts.  They effectively are little spiced shortbreads.  Mine were only flavoured with cardamom as per this recipe.   I decided that the less spices there were, the less divisive the final product would be.

I had some leftover Pebernodder that I took into work, and people seemed to like them.  Someone even identified the cardamom, which was pretty impressive.

If you are looking for an easy Christmas gift that you can simply bake and put into a pretty jar or box, this Pebbernodder recipe is for you.

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh I must show these to my Danish friend! I like things with lots of spices but I can see how it can be divisive! :D

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Gaye, your Danish Christmas cookies look wonderful and personally, I love lots of warm spices in my cookies but sometimes less is even more...

Kari said...

You are getting around Europe with your Christmas treats (as you recently shared German ones :-) )! Thee look cute, and delicious.

Cheri Savory Spoon said...

I love cardamon in baked goods, this sound delicious!

Unknown said...

Such plump pillows of deliciousness you have opened my eyes to a new brilliant recipe yet again, thank you ☺