Wednesday, October 14, 2015

WWDH - Chocolate, Banana, and Coconut Muffins

 
Glennis chose Donna's Chocolate, Banana, and Coconut Muffins for this week's Wednesday with Donna Hay.  If you are interested in making them and don't have the June/July 2015 edition of Donna Hay magazine, someone has posted the recipe online here.  For me, the recipe made 18 muffins. 


I didn't try these muffins until they were cool, and I found the flavour distinctly unexciting.  However, I read the review here which said that they tasted best straight out of the oven and not as good when cool.  I tested this theory and found that I agreed - they are very tasty warm, with big chunks of oozy chocolate and toasty coconut, but meh when they are cold.

To see what the others thought of these muffins, visit the LYL section of the WWDH website.

4 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That's so interesting that their appeal changes so much depending on whether they're eaten hot or cold. I can imagine that to be the case with some things but didn't think that muffins were like that.

Chaya said...

A lot of desserts are better warm especially with chocolate which then oozes a little. They sure look good.

Kayte said...

I have a banana sitting on the counter with the idea that I am going to make these tomorrow morning and I think I will make just 6 since your comment about them being best when warm says that maybe I should do it that way. That way they can eat them and we won't have many left over. You know me and chocolate, I won't be sampling these but will share what the guys think when I get them posted. Yours look lovely in those pretty paper wrappers.

TeaLady said...

I wanted to make these to take to North CArolina but ran out of time. Catch-up!! I do love banana muffins, so...