Saturday, September 12, 2015

WIAFK (CB) - Gazpacho with Anchovy Toast



Our dish for Weekend in a French Kitchen (CafĂ© Boulud) this week was Gazpacho with Anchovy Toast.  This is of course a classic cold soup that needs no further explanation.

I am not sure why I needed three colours of peppers  when the whole lot gets blended up to give a red coloured soup, but nonetheless I complied with the recipe.  I didn't put the extra raw vegetables on top as that is not my kind of thing, but I did make the anchovy butter for the toast.  

Overall, I liked this dish, but not enough to make again.

To see what the others thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the Weekend in a French Kitchen website.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I also wondered about the colors of the peppers, but sure did enjoy seeing all of them on my cutting board. Just beautiful. :)

Cindy said...

I agree with Tammy, the colors were beautiful to work with!
I felt same way about adding the chunks of fresh veggies to the soup at the end...I preferred the smoothness of the soup on it's own.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I wonder why you needed the three colour peppers too! Although the red and yellow are sweeter I guess!

Kayte said...

Each pepper tastes different, at least it does to me, I could do a blind taste test and get each one correct each time for sure. :-) This looks really good...okay, not the anchovy part, but the rest of it. :-)