Monday, September 28, 2015

Engine Room Cafe, Toowoomba


A few weeks ago, my Mum and I went with my brother to breakfast to celebrate our respective birthdays.  I organised for us to go to Engine Room Café, near the railway station, as it had been nominated as one of the best cafes for breakfast in Toowoomba.
 
I started with a skinny flat white, which was pretty good:


For brekky, I chose the Veggie Brekky ($15) - mushrooms, asparagus, haloumi, poached eggs, baby spinach and tomatoes with hollandaise sauce:


On the whole, this was very good.  I would have had one less egg and skipped the haloumi, which was rather dry, but otherwise I couldn't fault this dish.

Mum went for the omelette with bacon, parmesan and baby spinach ($15):


She said it was a little dry for her.

My brother couldn't help himself and had the Big Breakfast ($20) - rib fillet, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, beans and a poached egg with ciabatta:


He ate everything except the beans, which he doesn't like.  I tried a spoon of the beans, and they were very spicy, even for me.  However, my brother enjoyed this breakfast fry-up.

 
The staff were quite friendly and the atmosphere of the big open room was quite inviting.  I'd go again.
 
1 Railway St
Toowoomba QLD 4350
Ph: (07) 4637 8444

2 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Sounds like your brother's meal was good here. I must admit I love really spicy beans but not everyone does :)

Kayte said...

What a great place for breakfast, each one of those looked absolutely jaw-dropping fantastic to me. I'm so happy you got to do something special like this for your birthday celebration. xo