Friday, August 7, 2015

Margaret Fulton's Lemon Delicious

 
Lemon delicious pudding is a staple in many Australian households.  It apparently used to be served quite often as a dessert course to the Sunday roast, as when people started up their old wood-fired ovens, they wanted to make the most of it.

My Mum often made lemon delicious when I was growing up, and it is one of my favourite desserts.  She usually served it with warm custard.  Delish!

Mum uses Margaret Fulton's recipe for lemon delicious, which I have also used.  You will find the recipe online here.



On a cold winter's night, what could be better than a warm lemony pudding with sponge on the top and lemon sauce underneath.  If you have never tried lemon delicious, I highly recommend giving Margaret's recipe a go.

5 comments:

Kayte said...

SOLD!! :-) But you knew that would not be a hard sell, right? Looks fabulous!

Mardi Michels said...

Lemon delicious is one of my favourite desserts - brings back great childhood memories! Need to try this when it's a little cooler!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

This has got to be the classic Aussie pudding! :D I don't eat it often enough but thanks for reminding me :)

Johanna GGG said...

I wouldn't eat lemon delicious but I must have refused it a lot as I remember my mum making it frequently! Wonder what I had instead and also wonder if I would be more open to it now

Kari said...

I'd completely forgotten about this dessert. I don't think I've had it since I was a child - but now I want to revisit it :)