Wednesday, July 15, 2015

WWDH - Sesame Sweet Potato


For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, Margaret chose Sesame Sweet Potato from Fresh Food Fast.

Donna wanted us to paint sweet potato halves with sesame oil and olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake them.  I don't have sesame oil, so in keeping with the spirit of the recipe, I sprinkled the sweet potatoes with sesame seeds after spraying them with oil.

This was quite tasty - can't hate baked sweet potato.

To see what the others thought, visit the LYL section of the WWDH website.

8 comments:

Peggy said...

I did the same substitution as you! Too funny. We thought these were delicious!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love sweet potato and sesame! I must give this a try as it is so easy :D

Johanna GGG said...

Sounds like a great side dish - I love sesame flavouring - always have sesame oil in the kitchen though I don't use it much but it is great when I use it.

Chaya said...

This was another easy and satisfying dish. I use sesame oil a lot so I had it. It gives it a unique flavor.

Kayte said...

Oh, I bet they would be even better, if that's possible, with the sesame seeds sprinkled on them, I will try that next time as well. I like how your look in the halves like that, too. Definitely a great recipe for us. Because really, like you say, one does like a sweet potato always! :-)

Kathy said...

Oooo…this sounds lovely! The sesame oil sounds like a delicious flavor addition!

Kari said...

Nice! I like the simple but appealing flavour mix.

TeaLady said...

Glad you liked these. The sesame oil does add a distinct flavor. Definitely a repeat here as well.