For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, Chaya chose Donna's apple slice recipe. You can find it online here.
I loved this version of apple slice, with a shortcrust base and crumbly topping, and not overly sweet. It is way nicer than the commercial bakery version. It was also a hit at work - it disappeared very quickly. Someone actually said that you can't buy stuff like this - so true.
To see what Chaya, Sarah and Margaret thought of this delicious treat, visit their websites.
It is the last day of 2014, and the year has flown. I haven't had much time to tell you what I have been up to this month, but here are a few snippets:
- On 4 December, I attended our work Christmas party at Encore at St Kilda Sea Baths. The theme was Arabian Nights, complete with a belly dancer.
- On 5 December, I went to Hobart for the weekend, staying at the beautiful Henry Jones Art Hotel. I dined at an old favourite, The Drunken Admiral, and went on a ferry trip to MONA. I also picked up some more gorgeous plum pudding jam from Amanda Jammm at Salamanca Market.
- On 14 December, I went to a first birthday party for my friend's adorable Yorkie - it was a wonderful girlie afternoon with bubbles and nibbles and chat (for us, not the Yorkie).
- On 19 December, I went to see The Beatle Boys at The Palms at Crown. I adore these guys - if you can't see The Beatles (which you can't), The Beatle Boys are the next best thing. This is the second time I have seen them, and they were even better this time around - more relaxed and funny. I also had front row seats - yay! Highlights were the lively banter between "Paul" and "John", "Ringo's" enthusiastic drumming with hair a'swinging, George's" awesome rendition of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", and "Paul's" sparkly baby blues. Go see The Beatle Boys - they're great!
- On 20 December, it was the legal team's Christmas function at my boss's new house. Family and friends came along, and we sat out on the gorgeous covered deck while we indulged in fabulous food cooked by my boss and his wife, including prawns, buffalo wings, lamb chops and salads, and ate my pavlova roulade and Gingerbread Buche de Noel for dessert. It was a wonderful afternoon.
- On 21 December, I attended the 158th anniversary service at my friend's church. Afterwards, there was an enormous potluck to feed the masses.
- I am currently with family for the Christmas break.
Have a fabulous New Year one and all!