Monday, December 8, 2014

Musical Notes Chocolate Cupcakes for Mark's Birthday


Today is my manager, Mark's, birthday.  Our team has bought him a pressie, and I have made him some cupcakes.

To make the cupcakes, I used the chocolate cupcake recipe from The Primrose Bakery's Cookies and Cream Cupcakes, recipe in their book and online here.

 
Once the chocolate cupcakes were cooled, I iced them with a thin, smooth layer of The Primrose Bakery Vanilla Buttercream - recipe here.


As the finishing touch, I topped each cupcake with a fondant disc printed with a musical notes chocolate transfer sheet from Roberts Confectionery, using the hairdryer technique demonstrated here.  This was the first time I had tried this and I was very pleased with the results. 

The significance of the musical notes is that Mark is very musically orientated, so I am sure he will appreciate these musical cupcakes.



I highly recommend trying this decorating technique using chocolate transfer sheets to decorate ready to roll fondant - it is not too difficult and is so effective.

9 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

Oh my gosh Gaye those cupcakes are so amazing!!!

I am definitely going to check out this decorating technique. I'm such a klutz when it comes to decorating baked goods. I wish I weren't but alas...

You should be pleased with the results and your manager should be thrilled with them as well. They look so festive and I am sure delcious too. I'll be saving this post for sure!!!

Thank you so much for sharing, Gaye...

2paw said...

Wow, they look stunning and you are so clever to make the scores on top. I have no idea at all about this technique, thank you for piquing my interest. That's a good cupcake recipe too.

Johanna GGG said...

this is so impressive (and looks much better than my recent attempt at musical notes)

Kari said...

Wow! What a beautiful result. I didn't know you could get such intricate transfer sheets - I will have to look out for them and other patterns too.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I must give that method a go! It produces such beautiful results! :D

Kathy said...

These are so pretty and quite impressive! Absolutely lovely!

Janet Rudolph said...

How adorable!

Kayte said...

Oh, I love these musical cupcakes...these are so beautifully elegant and whimsical at the same time. I wonder what the musical score is...do you know? Can you play some of the notes out and have a tune? Did anyone try? You know me, I would have tried...lol! Such fun.

sherry from sherryspickings said...

these look absolutely wonderful. so clever and so cute.