Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Gluten Free Raspberry, Almond and Rosewater Muffins



The Caker featured a recipe for Gluten Free Raspberry, Almond and Rosewater Muffins on her blog.  I think they looked really pretty so I decided to print off the recipe and make them.

In the end, they turned out a little bumpy, were not really springy, and  I found the almond meal texture odd.  When I read the comment, I realised that this happened because the method leaves out the addition of the eggs, and because I was working from the method, not the ingredients, the eggs were left out.  The resulting muffins were totally edible and they were polished off at work, but without the eggs, were more like rock cakes or similar than muffins. 

I am glad that I satisfied my curiosity and made them, but I won't be revisiting these muffins.

4 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Reminds me of Louise's recent experiment with the cranberry-apple cake. I guess it could happen to anybody!

Good luck with ongoing experiments!

Kari said...

It's interesting hearing the effects of taking eggs out of a gluten free recipe - I find they often call for more eggs than usual, whereas when I take eggs out of regular flour recipes, often the results are more springy and moist than usual. Cooking really is chemistry at heart!

~~louise~~ said...

I don't know if you saw my post about leaving out the flour in my Ugly Cake recipe, Gaye but trying to rescue it really didn't work out, at all!!!

I guess what I'm trying to say is perhaps you should give that recipe another go. Eggs make a huge difference, as does flour. They sure are a pretty color:)

Thanks for sharing, Gaye...

Kayte said...

Interesting recipe, without eggs, hmmm, that sounds a bit different from what we are used to, isn't it? Okay, now about that little plate, can you feature that little plate again sometime...as I think it looks cute from what I can tell with the legs going off to the side and all...so please put something else on this plate sometime in a position where I can see it a little better as I'm sure it is adorable and I'm missing out. :-)