Wednesday, November 19, 2014

WWDH - Balsamic and Tomato Roast Chicken


For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, I selected Donna's Balsamic and Tomato Roast Chicken from p99 of Off the Shelf.  At the time it seemed like a good idea, then I didn't want to make it.  However, I am glad that I stuck to my guns and I did make it, because it was delish!

This dish could not be simpler to make.  You can find the recipe online here
There is no fussy pre-cooking of anything - it is basically a one pot dish.  Put slices of eggplant in the bottom of a greased roasting dish, put a chicken breast on top of each eggplant slice, and dress with a tomato, balsamic, caper and olive oil sauce.  Put in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes and voila - dinner is served:



Donna suggest serving this dish with an arugula salad - that is not my thing, so I served it with stir fried veges instead.  Nom!

My fellow WWDH cooks are Margaret, Chaya and Sarah - go see if they made it too.

I have been a busy little blogger lately, so I am sharing with you a brief montage of my adventures.  I saw The Rolling Stones in their 14 On Fire Tour at Rod Laver Arena:

 

I was in awe of Mick's voice and flexibility at age 71, and of Ronnie's glittery red shoes.


I also saw Katy Perry at Rod Laver Arena:


Yep, that's her singing into a sunflower, not that you can see from the photo.  The pretty lights struck me, as did Katy's many costume changes - just like a real life Anime feature.

I also went to see What We Did on Our Holiday at The British Film Festival at Palace Como:

 
 


Loved that movie - it makes you laugh and cry, and it features David Tennant - what more could you want?  This cool Union Jack mini was in the foyer of Como to celebrate the Festival.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

6 comments:

TeaLady said...

You got to see the STONES!!! Envy sets in!!

This one wasn't for me. Sorry Gaye.
Yours looks better than mine.

Kari said...

David Tennant definitely goes a long way to making a film good :-) Simple dishes also get a big tick in my world, and I do love balsamic flavours. I'm glad you enjoyed your dish in the end.

Cakelaw said...

Margaret, The Stones were awesome. Kari, yes, he does ;)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

You've had a lot of fun indeed! It has been years since I went to a concert but I love them! :D

Kayte said...

That balsalmic chicken sounds wonderful and the photo of it looks wonderful...I better mark this one right now.

2paw said...

That is such an easy dinner!! I have only ever been to two modern music concerts: Sherbet when I was 16 and Elton John a few years ago. I am so not cool!!!