Wednesday, August 6, 2014

WWDH - Balsamic Chicken with Couscous



For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, Margaret has chosen Balsamic Chicken with Garlic Couscous from Donna's Flavours book.  The recipe is also online here.

The chicken component is chicken breasts that have been marinated in balsamic vinegar, among other things, before being pan fried.  For the couscous component, I decided to make a couscous salad that I had to make for another group instead, hence it is way more colourful than the recipe version.

I really liked this - the chicken was moist, flavoursome and tender.  As for the couscous, I can't truthfully comment, as I made a different recipe.

Kayte is taking a break for a while, but you can visit Margaret, Chaya and Sarah to see what they may have thought of this dish. We would also love it if you could join us - just contact any one of us to let us know and we will add you to our mailing list.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I thought the couscous part was a little boring so I'm glad you tried something more entertaining. I really liked how easy and delicious the chicken was. I will use it again, for sure!

Ivy Sew said...

Hi Cakelaw, this Balsamic Chicken with Couscous looks so yummy and irresistible. This is sure finger licking good! You have a wonderful day and regards :)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I've got lots of balsamic vinegar so I should give this a try! :D

Hotly Spiced said...

This looks like a wonderful family meal and I think the balsamic vinegar would add wonderful flavour to the dish. The chicken looks fabulous xx

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Charlie. Apologies for the Captcha issue. I will do some research to see if there is some other way to avoid spammers.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I love your addition of the salad. It pulls the dish together and sounds much more tasty.

Kayte said...

I am so sad I am taking a break...just has to be for a bit...this recipe looks like such a winner, something I know I would love, so I better get to this one, whether I post are not. Your photo of it makes my mouth water.