Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WWDH - Caramelised Onion and Potato Stacks


This week, Chaya chose Caramelized Onion and Potato Stacks for Wednesday with Donna Hay.  The recipe for these stacks is online here.

Basically, you slice onions and fry until golden; you then layer one onion slice on the bottom of a muffin pan, layer thin slices of potato on top of that, top with another onion slice, then some thyme, and pour over melted butter and chicken stock and bake.

This was OK, but a bit fussy for what it was.  I don't think I will make these again.

To see what Chaya, Margaret, Kayte and Sarah thought of these stacks, visit their websites.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Love carmelized onions. Blessings, Catherine

Kari said...

I suspect the fussiness would put me off too, which is a shame, because my husband would adore these!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love caramelised onions but it can be a process indeed!

Kayte said...

We loved these, how the chicken stock and butter soaked into the potato and onion pieces as they were cooking, so delicious! I didn't really find them too fussy, I was caramelizing the onions while the oven preheated and then just layered everything in. Yours look good...I was feeding guys so I piled mine up a little higher with the potatoes because, well because guys here love to eat potatoes!

TeaLady said...

These were good and definitely a keeper for me. Not TOO fussy. Even tho I did not bake a 2nd time. Cause I cannot read a recipe!