Sunday, June 29, 2014

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake for Jacqui



Friday was Jacqui's last day at work.  There was a morning tea being hosted in her honour, so I made a cake for the occasion.

I chose to make a recipe from The Caker by Jordan Rondel, as Jacqui introduced me to this book.  There are lots of tempting sounding recipes in the book, but I was really keen to try the Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake - because it sounds so delicious!



The recipe for Jordan's peanut butter and jelly cake is online here.  My icing turned out weirdly solid, almost like play dough, but it tasted just fine.



For decorations, instead of fresh raspberries (which are really expensive in the middle of winter), I  used crystallised violets and coloured sugar pearls.

The Caker is a really lovely book, so if you are a cake baker like me, it is well worth a look.

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I'm going to have to look up this book as I love cakes and this one sounds delicious! :D

Johanna GGG said...

sound intense - love all those layers and the coloured pearls making up the name

Kari said...

What a great cake, and I love the cake format of pb&j!

The Caked Crusader said...

I love how you've taken the time to spell her name in tiny sugar balls - looks fab!

Kayte said...

What a nice way to send Jacqui off to her new beginnings. Lovely cake, I really like those cake crystals...I'm not sure I have ever seen those before and they add a fun and colorful vibe to the cake.