Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WWDH - Pepper Sauce


This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay recipe was chosen by Chaya.  She selected Pepper Sauce from Modern Classics I.  This was a flexible recipe because once made, you can use the sauce however you like.

The sauce itself is very simple to make - beef stock, cream and pepper are boiled up together.  My sauce didn't thicken much, maybe because I used light cream.  That didn't matter - it's sauce, it pours, it flavours, and that's all that matters.

You can't see it very well, but I poured some sauce over my boeuf a la ficelle: 



Nice huh?

To see what Chaya, Sarah and Margaret thought of this recipe, visit their websites.

2 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Sounds like one of those sauces that comes in very handy! :D

Sarah said...

It was definitely versatile. Today I used some on my breakfast eggs and veggies. I found it a little thin when very hot, but when it cooled down a little it thickened up.