Sunday, February 16, 2014

Mango Breakfast Pudding



For brekky over the past week, I have been enjoying an amazing Mango Breakfast Pudding.  My Mum received the recipe by email from a work colleague, and sent it on to me.  I do not know the original source of the recipe.  Luckily, I had all of the ingredients, and was able to try it straight away.

This pudding contains rolled oats, Greek yoghurt, skim milk, flax seeds (the recipe actually calls for chia seeds but I don't have any), honey and cubed mango.  You mix it all up, and it thickens and sets up in the fridge overnight.  The next day, you have a lovely breakfast pudding that is nutritious (I think!).


To make a single serve of this pudding, you will need: 

1/4 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
1/3 cup skim milk
1/4 cup low fat Greek yoghurt
1 1/2 teaspoons chia seeds (I used flax seeds)
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup diced mango

In a half pint jar or container, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, almond extract and honey. Put the lid on the jar and shake until well combined. Add the mangoes and stir with a fork until mixed throughout. Put the lid back on the jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled.

3 comments:

2paw said...

Oh yum, but I don't like mango, would peaches be a substitute?? We are rolling in them at the greengrocer!! I like the idea of an already made breakfast.

Kari said...

Yum!! This looks like be definition of a perfect summer breakfast, dessert or snack :-)

Cakelaw said...

Hi Cindy, yes, I think peaches would work - this is what I am thinking of using (tinned) when mangoes are out of season.