Thursday, February 20, 2014

Caramel Sticky Date Muffins

 


I am a self-confessed caramel addict.  Caramel Koalas, Caramello Chocolate, Curley Wurleys, jersey caramels, Snickers Bars, toffees and the like make me swoon.  In keeping with my love of caramel, I was stoked to find Nestle now makes caramel flavoured choc bits for baking (if you don't eat them out of the bag first).

Because I like to be different, I didn't just want to make caramel choc chip cookies, so I hunted around for an alternative recipe using caramel bits.  I was handsomely rewarded when I found this recipe for caramel sticky date muffins
 
 
Seriously, what's not to like?  Moreishly sweet dates, caramel bits and a lovely caramel flavour.  These went pretty fast at work, so I think I'm not the only one who liked these.
 
If you are looking for a lunchbox treat that is just a little different, these muffins could be for you. 

5 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

I never used to think I was a fan of caramel til my blog made me reflect on lots of my favourite sweet things and found it wasn't just chocolate but caramel as well - so I am with you and think these sound fantastic

2paw said...

Those caramel bits are great and I have to say the caramel bit biscuits are very delicious, but the muffins are inspired!!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love caramel too! I'll often choose it in place of chocolate if something is chocolate flavoured. Although nothing beats actual chocolate :P

Kari said...

These are definitely much better than basic muffins with caramel chips! They are appealing in their own right, but these sound really lovely.

Kathy said...

Oh these sound so yummy! I love dates!