Wednesday, January 8, 2014

WWDH - Berry Yoghurt Loaf and Bluey's Boots


For this week's Wednesday with Donna Hay, Chaya has chosen Donna's Blueberry Yoghurt Loaf.  You can find the recipe online here.

I can't rightfully call mine Blueberry Yoghurt Loaf because I used mixed berries, so I redubbed it Berry Yoghurt Loaf.  This cake is absolutely delicious - it is moist and light and not too sweet.  Even my mother, who is not a cake lover, enjoyed this.

 

Check out the thoughts of the other WWDH team members, Chaya, Kayte, Margaret and Sarah, on this cake at their blogs.

I also wanted to share with you a cross stitch project that I finished for my mother while I was on holidays:  


This work is entitled Bluey's Boots, and it took me eight years (working on and off during vacation) to complete.  It was a birthday present to Mum in 2005, but she didn't like doing it, so I volunteered to do it for her, not realising what an epic project it would turn out to be.  I am especially proud of both the finished product and of actually finishing it!  I framed it for my mother's wall.  The slight puckering of the fabric disappears once you stretch the fabric across a mounting board and secure it in place.

I hope that you had a lovely vacation, and that you are staying safe from the extremes of weather that seem to be in all parts of the world at present.  (At my mother's place, the town experienced its hottest day on record while I was there.)

8 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

I give you soooooo much credit for finishing that cross stitch project, Cakelaw. I can't tell you how many I have never finished. For me the work was epic! Kudos to YOU!

That Berry moist Loaf cake is looking pretty good too. Perfect with a cup of tea:)

Thank you so much for sharing, I'm sure your Mom loves her present:)

2paw said...

That is a fabulous cross stitch and what a fabulous effort,. I would have given up way before then!!
Yum, I love a yoghurt, buttermilk or sour cream cake. They are always ice and moist. I'd probably substitute raspberries unless my friends gave me some more freshly picked blueberries!!!

Jill said...

The cross stitch is fantastic! I know how easy it is to let a project sit unfinished, so I'm really impressed that you kept at it. What a lovely gift.

yummychunklet said...

I love the look of that berry loaf!

Kari said...

Your cross stitch is very impressive! You've reminded me that I used to love the activity but it has been years since I've done it...perhaps I should try again. I love the look of the cake too; yoghurt in baked goods is always wonderful :)

Johanna GGG said...

the cake sounds great and I am most impressed by your cross stitch - my sister in law did one for our wedding and I still really treasure it - the work that goes into these pieces is amazing and your perseverence is amazing

TeaLady said...

I haven't done any cross stitch in 23 years but I loved it while I was doing it. Maybe I should start again. I still have all my stuff. Cute pic.

This cake was just right. Sweet but not too sweet. Yours looks great.

Chaya said...

I am glad we all love the cake. I love your cross stitch more though. If only, I had the patience.