Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pram Cake for Sandra



Sandra recently had her last day at work before the birth of her first bub.  To send her off in style, I made her a pram cake.  It is loosely based on an idea which I found here.

I scaled the cake down for a 6" tin, using marshmallows for wheels and mini M & Ms for the decoration. The pram handle is a strip of cola flavoured sour candy. The cake was just a plain butter cake from the Australian Women's Weekly, and the buttercream was a quarter recipe from the Crabapple Bakery Cookbook.

 I think this cake is so cute, and I chose it because the idea is simple but very effective. And when you are time poor like me at this time of year, that is exactly what you need!

7 comments:

Jill said...

That's so sweet! I enjoy seeing the thoughtful cakes you make for your coworkers and friends.

Johanna GGG said...

that is gorgeous - a pretty amazing effort for a time poor baker - best wishes to sandra and hope her pram is anywhere near as cute as that one :-)

2paw said...

Oh that is so cute and so clever!!!

Kari said...

Very effective for something that is relatively simple! The decorations are really clever and look great.

yummychunklet said...

Aw! What a cute cake!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That is so cute Cakelaw! And I love how you used marshmallows for the wheels :D

TeaLady said...

So cute!!