Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving




It was Thanksgiving on Thursday in the US.  We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia, but I thought it would be fun to celebrate by making a season-appropriate dish. I chose to make pumpkin cheesecake.

The recipe that I based it on is Sprinklebake's Sweet Potato Pecan Praline Cheesecake Bars,  but by making it as a round 10" cheesecake rather than bars, and substituting the sweet potato for a cup of mashed pumpkin.  For the base, I used 1 1/2 cups crushed gingernuts mixed with 1/2 cup melted Nuttelex, baked for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.  I baked my cheesecake for around an hour, and skipped the praline.

Here is the finished result:


I think crowd reaction speaks for itself - I put it in the kitchen for any takers, and came back 10 minutes later to find it was all gone.  I thought it was delicious, but then again, I love cheesecake!

I hope that all who celebrate American Thanksgiving had a lovely day on Thursday.

4 comments:

Jill said...

This sounds delicious! Thanks for celebrating the holiday along with us.

Kari said...

I love gingernuts in cheesecake bases :) I imagine the ginger would be a great pairing with the pumpkin too.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I felt like I should have done something in honour of Thanksgiving too, I mean I love any excuse to bake! :D

Xinmei @ Pudding Pie Lane said...

Hello! New to your blog here, I really like this pumpkin cheesecake, my colleague made it for Canadian thanksgiving last week (?). It tasted awesome!