Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wednesday with Donna Hay - Smoked Ham and Cheddar Quiche




This week's Wednesday wih Donna Hay pick comes from Margaret, who chose Smoked Ham and Cheddar Quiche.  You can find the recipe online here, as well as in Modern Classics I

After a few insipid quiche offerings from cafes, I had gone off quiche, but this dish reignited my love for it.  Even though I messed with the pastry by using margarine to cut down on saturated fats, and I substituted half the cream for skim milk, I still loved the end result.

I served my quiche with some steamed veg - and it was perfect, as well as colourful.

To see what Margaret and Chaya thought of this quiche, go visit them.

3 comments:

Blond Duck said...

I love quiche!

TeaLady said...

Glad you liked it. I never get quiche out any more. Usually dry and bland. Looks perfect.

Not Quite Nigella said...

I love freshly baked quiche! Smoked ham would add so much flavour :D