Friday, November 23, 2012

FFwD - Herbed Olives


This week's French Friday with Dorie recipe is Herbed Olives.  Just like it says on the tin, this recipe involves macerating olives in herbed oil that you make yourself.  Flavours include coriander, fennel, rosemary, thyme, garlic, chilli, pepper, salt and bay.  I didn't have fresh seeds, so I used the crushed variety instead.  I used a mixture of black and kalamata olives that I had in my fridge.

If you can see the olives in my photo, you are doing better than me.

I have no idea what these olives taste like, as they are meant to macerate for at least 8 days before being eaten.  I only just made mine, so I won't know for a while yet.  However, if the smell coming from the pan in which I made the oil is anything to go by, these will taste fabulous!

To see some more herbed olives, visit the LYL section of the FFwD website.

10 comments:

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

My family is addicted to olives so they will love this :D
Thank you!

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Cher Rockwell said...

The herbs and spices did smell pretty good as they were warming up in the oil
I snuck some this afternoon and even after one night, they were pretty good.

Johanna GGG said...

they sound delicious - you must report back when you taste them - will you eat them plain or put them into a salad or something?

Finla said...

Love the idea of making them a thome and you can also give it as christmas home made presents too.

Anonymous said...

Aromatic smells always bode well for how a recipe will taste. Fingers crossed!

Unknown said...

I think you're going to like them...;-)

Anonymous said...

I love olives and I can't believe I missed this, but am looking forward to trying it and now I've read your post I better start today so I can be ready for next fri!

Not Quite Nigella said...

These would be such a great Christmas gift for friends and family! :D

Elaine said...

I still have the olives, but didn't get around to make these. Hope you liked them.

Teresa said...

I've still got these in the fridge and they just keep getting better. Another keeper!