Friday, September 16, 2011

FFwD - Cinnamon Crunch Chicken - errr, Ginger Crunch Chicken



This week's French Friday With Dorie recipe is Cinnamon Crunch Chicken.  This comprises chicken breast strips coated with creme fraiche and broken up speculoos.

Speculoos are not readily available here, so I used gingernut biscuits instead  hence ginger crunch chicken.  I also substituted natural yoghurt for the creme fraiche.

This dish makes a delicious change - I would happily make it again.  Visit the
FFwD website to see  what everyone else thought of this dish.

11 comments:

Kayte said...

Great recommendation and it looks fabulous!

Cher Rockwell said...

I am guessing that a lot of people substituted the cookie or made their own... Speculoos are certainly not common store items here either.
Glad you enjoyed!

Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

Sounds delicious....

www.cancerinthecity.com

Finla said...

I want this for my dinner.

Anonymous said...

Your chicken looks great, and kudos on the successful substitution!

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I was wondering if yogurt would work or if it would curdle up at the high heat. Good to hear that it works. Yours looks delicious.

Elin said...

Your version looks good. I find it a bit sweet but nonetheless it was delicious !

Lauren Hairston said...

I really adore sauerbraten and this sounds rather like a chicken adaptation of that (the sauce, anyway). Sounds good!

Kris' Kitchen said...

Great idea to substitute yogurt. I will remember your idea. Your chicken looks delicious and juicy.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Such a delicious dish! I would never have thought to combine all these ingredients...yum!

Kris' Kitchen said...

Lots of us went with a ginger-type cookie...I think it was a good choice. I should have thought of yogurt...great idea. Would have saved me my hunt-for-the-creme-fraiche time and then this dish really would have been quick and easy. Thanks for the idea.