Tuesday, May 24, 2011

TWD - Oatmeal nutmeg scones


It's a scone kind of month this month, and this week's Tuesday with Dorie challenge was another type of scone - Oatmeal Nutmeg Scones, to be exact, chosen by Patricia of Life with a Whisk.

I made the scones as per the recipe, but added pomegranate seeds to the batter - as Dorie suggested that these scones are great with added fruit.

I served these scones topped with homemade mixed berry jam:


These scones were delicious - the oats gave them substance, the nutmeg some spice and the pomegranate seeds some texture.

Patricia will have the recipe for these scones, or check out Dorie's book.  To see what everyone esle thought of these scones, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

13 comments:

Lauren Hairston said...

Oatmeal and nutmeg in a scone? You don't have to tell me twice--I'm convinced. I'll definitely have to try these!

Amanda said...

I love the idea of adding the pomegranate seeds - how inspired.

Anonymous said...

I just received my Baking cookbook today! I can't wait to thumb through it. Your scones look delicious but that jam is just heavenly!

Jennifer said...

Scones and jam. YUM.

Judy said...

Pomegranate seeds sound wonderful. I just left them plain this time, but we enjoyed them just the same.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

What a great idea to use pomegranate in a scone! I've never had it baked into a baked item :)

Cindy said...

Pomegranate, what an interesting addition. I'm sure they were very tasty. We loved them.

Flourchild said...

Your scones look wonderful! This recipe was so good and Im So happy I got to bake with you all this week! I ate mine with homemade jam too!

Elaine said...

What a great combination with the nutmeg and pomegranate seeds. Your scones look so delicious with the jam!

Conor @ Hold the Beef said...

Beautiful scones! I approve of your generous jam application too.. I've been known to reapply jam mid-consumption :D

Nicole said...

Pomegranate seeds would be really interesting! I added dried apples and they added some nice sweetness.

Johanna GGG said...

sounds delicious - I love all the scones you have been making lately - great scone weather lately

Anonymous said...

Great idea to add pomegranate seeds!