Wednesday, February 11, 2009

BloggerAid Cookbook - Let's write a cookbook because we can help!!


Good morning to all of my wonderful readers - I love both reading your blogs and hearing from you all when you drop by.

In today's post, I wanted to tell you all about an amazing project being conducted by Ivy of Kopiaste, Val of More than Burnt Toast and Giz of Equal Opportunity Kitchen, the founding members of BloggerAid. They have put out the call for food bloggers everywhere to contribute a recipe to potentially be published in a BloggerAid Cookbook, from which 100% of the sales will be contributed to the United Nations World Food Programme. The cookbook is anticipated to be on sale through Amazon in November or December of this year.

You can lend a hand by contributing a recipe to be considered for the BloggerAid Cookbook. For details, please refer to Ivy's announcement here. The recipe should be original and not previously published on your blog. But be quick - submissions have to be in by Thursday, 12 February 2009 (that's tomorrow folks!). NEWS FLASH: The deadline for recipe submissions has now been officially extended to 31 March 2009. So please, food lovers everywhere, consider contributing a recipe to this great cause.

Also, do consider becoming a member of BloggerAid, whether or not you choose to participate in the cookbook project - you'll join lots of other wonderful food bloggers who have already signed up to this truly fantastic international effort.

Before I go, I am going to tantalise your tastebuds with a photo of my submission to the BloggerAid Cookbook project - a Triple Layer Orange-Passionfruit Tart, made according to my mum's recipe. Enjoy! Ciao!


15 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Don't let me forget to do this. I'll give up my famous potato salad!

I moved! Come visit me at www.aduckinherpond.com.

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea Cakelaw! :) Also your triple layer cake looks incredible, I can see how gorgeous it is from the peek inside!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Thank you so much for your submission to the cookbook Cakelaw and for sharing this fantastic family recipe:D We are so happy you decided to help us raise awareness through this exciting project:D

Gloria Chadwick said...

This looks really good! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wonder where the missing piece went? :)

Vijitha said...

Lovely contirbution for blogger aid! looks so yummy!

Finla said...

Looks so yumm.

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Duckie - can't wait to check out that potato salad.

LOL - thnaks Lorraine. The troops liked this one.

Hi Val, thanks again to you and tghe other ladies for organising such a wonderful project for a really good cause.

Hi Gloria, that piece was good ;) Thanks for helping out the ladies wit the cookbook project.

Thanks Vij!

Happy Cook, a big piece for you ;)

Dee said...

I'm too late to be immortalised. Sob.

Your tart looks and sounds delish. I'll wait for the recipe when the book's out. Is that coconut on top, by the way?

p/s
Wish we could have met up, but I went to Queensland. I do owe my cousin in Melburne a visit so I'll let you know if I make my way there :)

jesse said...

AHH!!! By tomorrow? That's horrible! *Sifts through recipe rollodex frantically*

...Hope I can make it on time... thanks for sharing this with us!

Cakelaw said...

Hi Dee, welcome back home! Hope you enjoyed Qld - I am a Queeslander, so I think you made a good choice. I think that the BloggerAid gals are lookign at extending the deadline, so stay tuned ...

Hi Jess, same for you - check out the BloggerAid gals' sites, as there was some suggestion that they might extend the deadline.

Cakelaw said...

PS Dee, it is coconut on top of the tart.

Emily said...

Orange and passionfruit?! You're killing me! What a combination. Mmm.

Rosie said...

I am so pleased that the date has been extended for the cookbook. Time just seems to have run away with me lately but now I can make up a recipe-bake-take pics and send this in to the cookbook ;0)

Rosie x

Cakelaw said...

Hi Emily, glad you like the sound of it. I hadn't tasted it for years when I made this, and it remided me of how good it actually is.

Yay Rosie! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What a delicious sounding and looking tart! Refreshing and scrumptious...

Cheers,

Rosa